Walk - Explore the Dorothea Quarry at Talysarn
Take a gentle 2 mile stroll around the disused quarry. There are many old buildings, tunnels and a Cornish Beam Engine to explore. Take care near the edges of the flooded parts of the quarry, (especially with dogs!)
This is an easy walk but stout shoes/boots should be worn.
|Dog exploring with mounted videocamera
- Parking is free by the roundabout at the end of Nantlle Road
- The track is hardstanding but there are many water-filled pot holes. There are no stiles or gates but there are a few rogue sheep grazing the area.
- Follow the A487 to Penygroes
- At Penygroes, follow signs towards Nantlle, along the B4418
- You will leave Penygroes along a minor road towards Nantlle, which in about a mile passes the Leisure Centre then the vinyard.
- As you come into the next village, Talysarn, at the sharp right-hand bend, take a left run into the houses.
- In 100 yards turn right into Bryncelyn Road, which eventually becomes Nantlle Road. It's marked as a "no through road" and has postcode LL54 6AE
- Carry on along the no-through road past the houses, to where it terminates at a roundabout. You can park here.